Meet the Owners!
We are Tatiana and Boris Korosec. We have two amazing boys, Maxim and Aleks. When Maxim received a late diagnosis of Asperger’s, we realized that his younger brother, Aleks, might be on the spectrum too. After just a year, Aleks was diagnosed with ASD. Having two boys on the spectrum was not easy. We decided to devote our life to spreading awareness about autism and helping other warrior parents make their journey easier. The most important thing we wanted to do was to promote inclusion! We soon began to see awareness in Canada was growing but found it incredibly hard to find play spaces to accommodate our boys’ sensory needs. It was time for change!
After discovering We Rock the Spectrum in America, we knew how much our community needed it, and that we just had to bring this amazing gym to Canada. We Rock the Spectrum is more than just a gym – it’s a safe space for kids of ALL abilities to play and grow, where they can be themselves, feel embraced, understood, and feel that they belong! We Rock is place where families will create memories that will last a lifetime!
Receiving an overwhelming response from our community shows just how much an all-inclusive space like We Rock the Spectrum is needed! We are so excited to be bringing the first Canada location to Oakville, and it’s just the beginning of creating a safe environment for kids with different abilities to promote inclusion and acceptance. This will not only be a safe haven for kids, but parents, too! A place where parents can connect through their stories, experiences, and just feel accepted and included.
We are the place where you never have to say “I’m sorry”!
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination